Thursday, September 30, 2010

Job Hunting



At GCSU, all graduating Seniors take a Senior Seminar class to make the last of our preperations before we dive into the real world of business and working. As an assignment, we wrote a paper on jobs that were currently available in the market that interested us and researched how much we would be paid if we worked them. I was extremely interested by several of my findings.

Several of the jobs were at companies like Newell Rubbermaid, Kaiser Permanente and 4entertainmentjobs.com. The position titles included "Marketing Communications Leader," "Public Relations associates," and "Public Relations Manager." All three of the aforementioned were entry level jobs, but still sounded like they had alot to offer in terms of actually putting my Public Relations experience to use.

I also found an opening at Jezebel Magazine. Jezebel Magazine works closely with the Entertainment scene in Atlanta and that is the type of Public Relations job I would eventually like to find.

In the end, it is hard to believe in just a few short months, I will be heading out into the real world to work. I guess it's time to start making preperations now! And I guess that's what Senior Seminar is for, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment